ON THE HOUSE // HOPSTOP FAMILY SHOW
Crabgrass Puppet Theatre
The Lion and the Mouse and Other Tales
Puppet tales from Africa, Asia and Europe.
Sat January 19 2019
11 AM - Alumni Hall, Hopkins Center, Hanover
Free, no tickets required
Can a tortoise win a tug of war with a mighty elephant? Can a tiny mouse help an enormous lion? Can a jackal outwit a terrifying tiger twice his size? Find out as Crabgrass Puppet Theatre travels around the globe to tell stories, showing that even the small can make a big impact on the world. With beautiful puppets and their signature hilarious style, the award-winning Crabgrass Puppet Theatre presents tales from Africa, Asia and Europe that will inspire and enthrall children of all sizes.
Programmed in connection with Dartmouth College’s Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration
Presented in both Hanover and Claremont, NH, these free performances are designed to entertain and introduce children ages 3 and up to the world of dance, music, theater and storytelling. The performances are participatory, so come ready to sing, dance and clap along—and bring the whole family!
- Saturdays at 11 am, September-May (no Dec)
- Seating is limited and on a first come, first served basis; doors open at 10:30 am
- Unless otherwise noted, all shows are in Alumni Hall, second floor of the Hopkins Center, 4 East Wheelock Street, Hanover, NH
- Metered parking is available on the street and paid parking is available in the Hanover Parking Garage on Lebanon Street.
- Thanks to generous gifts from Hop Members, the Children’s Fund of the Upper Valley of the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation and donors like you, Hanover HopStops remain free.