Fall concert: Fri • Oct 30 • 8 pm
Winter concert: Sun • Feb 21 • 2 pm
Spring concert: Sat • May 7 • 8 pm
HEAR WHAT STUDENTS HAVE TO SAY
Learn more about the student leaders within the Wind Ensemble!
Audition required. For information on auditions please call 603.646.3631.
Mondays, 4:30-6:30 pm
Wednesdays, 6-9 pm
Hartman Rehearsal Hall
Contact Matthew M. Marsit for information: 603.646.3631 or email: email@example.com
Office: Room 53 Hopkins Center
Address: Dartmouth College,
6187 Hopkins Center, Hanover, NH 03755
LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH ENSEMBLE
- Barbary Coast Jazz Ensemble
- Dartmouth College Gospel Choir
- Dartmouth College Glee Club
- Handel Society of Dartmouth College
- World Music Percussion Ensemble
- Dartmouth Dance Ensemble
- Dartmouth Symphony Orchestra
- Dartmouth College Marching Band
WHAT IS THE DARTMOUTH COLLEGE WIND ENSEMBLE?
One of the premiere ensembles of the Hopkins Center, the Dartmouth College Wind Ensemble is a select, auditioned wind ensemble of 50 members, performing a wide variety of music from the late 19th, 20th and 21st century wind ensemble repertoire. Offering three concerts per year in Spaulding Auditorium, the DCWE also gives several special event performances on and off campus, including an annual performance at Dartmouth’s Commencement. Wind Ensemble concerts take on a wide variety of formats ranging from chamber to symphonic ensembles, from the traditional to the avant-garde. Ensemble members also have the opportunity to conduct and mentor young musicians through the Dartmouth Youth Winds program and other community outreach projects. Learn much more about the DCWE by visiting our website!
RECENT REPERTOIRE - LEARN MORE
- Steve Bryant Ecstatic Waters
- Johann DeMeij Symphony No. 2, "The Big Apple"
- David Maslanka Children's Garden of Dreams
- Aaron Copland Lincoln Portrait & Fanfare for the Common Man
- Christopher Marshall Glimpses of Love (World Premiere Performance with the Handel Society of Dartmouth College)
- Hector Berlioz Grande Symphonie Funebre et Triomphale, Op. 15
- Christopher Theofanidis Marimba Concerto (World Premiere Performance)
- Paul Hindemith Symphony in B-flat
An active conductor and clarinetist, Matthew M. Marsit has led ensembles and performed as a solo, chamber, and orchestral musician throughout the United States. Currently on the artistic staff of the Hopkins Center for the Performing Arts at Dartmouth College as Director of Bands, Matthew has previously held conducting positions with the Charles River Wind Ensemble, Cornell University, Drexel University, the Chestnut Hill Orchestra, the Bucks County Youth Ensembles and the Performing Arts Institute of Wyoming Seminary. Matthew has served as a guest conductor, clinician and consultant for a great number of schools, institutions and festivals throughout the eastern United States, and has produced a recording project for the United States Military Academy West Point Band. In addition to his current work at Dartmouth College, Matthew was recently named Artist-in-Residence in Winds and Music Director of the Williams College Wind Ensemble. Read Mr. Marsit’s full bio and learn more about his work here!